During my “laid up” period, (currently ongoing since I have no clue how to slow down), I’ve had a moment or two to browse through other blogs, check out their face book pages etc. Last week I changed the look of my blog, was accepted into the Top Mommy’s Blog network (feel free to click on the link on my main page to give me a vote!!), and was thinking about themes. So, heads up my friends! I’m going to be making changes to A Little of This and That! Small ones, but ones that I hoping will increase readers and maybe get some affiliate links. Yeah, still trying to figure all that out.
Ok..so changes. First and foremost, I should explain I do NOT do well with change. It took a lot of effort to change the look of it last week. So much indecision! I hope you like the final product!! Back to my point. I thought I would do Slow-Cooker Sundays, and “It’s 5 O’clock Somewhere” Thursdays. OOOOOO and a Scrapbook page. The Scrapbook page would just have pictures posted to it, for ideas. Scrapbooking is personal, so to give instructions like a recipe is not where I want to head with that. Place a strip of paper 3/4″ of the edge of the 12×12..tooooo much
Mommy moment of the week? Explaining how lesbians get pregnant to a 10 year old. Not a great achievement in my mommy career; as I used the words “baby making stuff” to describe sperm. Luckily for me, she is not as versed in the whole “how baby’s are made” as I was at her age. I mean, I think she has a clue, but no specifics. So when it came to how did Kimmy get pregnant? It was a little difficult. In the end? She looked at me funny and she didn’t care about the words out of my mouth, she’s just so excited for the baby to be here!
Slow-cooker Sunday’s you say? We start today! I’m playing it out to see how it goes. This recipe is from Betty Crocker. I did make a change or two, just to lighten it up a little. It was delicious, even with the bacon! I don’t like bacon, so the next time I make it, I’m going to try it without it. Kid-approved, ol’ man approved. Definitely worth a try!!
Slow-Cooker Ranch Chicken and Pasta
- 1lb Chicken breasts
- 6 Slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic (admittedly, I used like 5 cloves, but they were small!!)
- 1 pkg Ranch dressing and seasoning mix
- 1 Can Condensed cream of chicken soup, 10.75 oz (I used Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream ( I used plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 C Water
- 8 oz Spaghetti
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; place chicken breasts in cooker.
- In a medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients except spaghetti. Pour over the top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low heat 6 hours or on High heat for 3-4 hours.
- When about 15 minutes are left, cook and drain spaghetti as stated on package.
- Just before serving, shred chicken with 2 forks, and toss creamy chicken mixture with cooked pasta.