What? A Friday afternoon and A Little of This and That has a blog post up? What’s going on? The world is coming to an end!! Simmer down. The world is just fine. Ish. I’m on an unexpected sick day, and decided to get a post in since I can’t really do anything else. So before I start a Gilmore Girls marathon on Netflix, I’m gracing you with my presence. Again. I really have to blog more often.
Speaking of blogging, today is A Little of This and That’s one year anniversary! I’m still as clueless today about this whole blogging thing as I was then. I’m not entirely sure I would have known about the anniversary if I didn’t get a notification from WordPress. Just like I don’t know anyone’s birthday without the help of Facebook. I hope you still like the blog, even with all of its inconsistencies, and mishaps. I’m pretty fond of it. I have great intentions for it! Tell all your friends.
The little one made it though her 10th birthday, fairly unscathed. Her father didn’t call her, but other than that I think she had a pretty good day. She’s so funny. Even though she’s 10, with the mouth and attitude of a 20 year old, she’s still so innocent. We were playing the Family Feud board game, (yes, for those of you under 25..they still make games that aren’t on your computer, tablet or cell phone) and it’s the fast money round. I’m Steve Harvey, or Louie Anderson, whatev, and the question comes up “Name something a couch potato needs”. She screams out “Salt” like it is the number 1 answer. She was so confident. I nearly peed myself laughing so hard. She just stared at me in confusion. I. Love. Her.
So in honor of potatoes, and A Little of This and That’s anniversary; today I bring to you Meatloaf Cupcakes. I made these a while ago, just never blogged about them. It’s just fitting for today. I was going to post about creamy mushroom pasta, but you get meatloaf. Both fantastically great recipes! The Meatloaf Cupcakes take a little bit of work, so they are definitely a weekend meal. I’m giving you my recipes for meatloaf, and mashed potatoes. Feel free to use your own recipe, and just assemble accordingly!
- 1lb Lean ground beef (I like 90/10)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 C Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/4 C Grated Parmesan cheese (add more if needed)
- Salt and pepper
- Seasoning to your liking (garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning etc)
- Mix all the ingredients together. Fill a muffin pan with the meat mixture. I spray each little thing with some cooking spray.
- Bake at 375°F for about a half hour, maybe 45 minutes. Just until done.
- Meanwhile, make those taters.
- 6-7 White Potatoes (maybe more depending on little they are)
- Garlic Powder
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender, drain.
- Mash them up, I like to use the hand held blender.
- Add in garlic powder to taste.
- Add enough milk a little at a time to give the consistency you want. If you are piping them through a piping bag, you want them smooooooth. But not runny.
- Take the little meatloaf cakes out of muffin pan.
- Either dollop or pipe the mashed potatoes on the meatloaf cakes.
- Sprinkle with chives (if you like chives)
- Dab with a little ketchup
Off to rest with the Gilmore Girls! Happy Weekend everyone!!