This is Twinkle.
At first, she was fun. I had a calendar with ideas of what Twinkle would be doing on which day. She kept the little one in check with Santa. Now, a few years later, she is just a pain in the ass.
Me: Autumn, do I really need to do the Elf this year?
Autumn: Yes of course!
Autumn: I love to see what kind of shenanigans she can get into!
Translation? I want to see how much more work I can make mom do before I push her over the edge. I was on Pinterest today looking for Elf ideas, and I found myself suspiciously pinning just cocktails. Coincidence? Probably not; just subconscious wishing. I already forgot last night to change her up a little. Day. 2. Back in the day, I would get up out of bed to change her whereabouts. The good news? Hopefully I will be posting some new cocktails soon!
How’s your tree looking? It’s funny how you don’t see how screwed up the lights are until you take a picture and see huge holes of nothingness. Yeah..there needs to be some readjusting before we go on Facebook with it. But to help fill those holes, Autumn and I made some ornaments. Simple-ish. They just need time for drying. With these, all you need is imagination. Yes, eventually we needed the glue gun. We tried the Elmer’s, and it just wasn’t sticking.
- Clear, plastic ornaments (I think they were like $0.96 at Wal-Mart)
- Craft Paint: White, black, and orange
- School glue (Elmer’s)
- Glitter (the fine, powdery glitter, in white)
- Pipe cleaners
- Pom poms
- Wiggle eyes
- Take out the ornament hanger thingy.
- Pour white paint on the inside of the ornament. Swirl around to make sure it covers all of the inside.
- Leave upside down over small dixie cups, this holds them in place and helps it drain the excess paint into a contained space while it dries.
- When dry or at least sufficiently not drippy, on the outside, paint on a little Elmer’s glue. Sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- When dry, glue on the pipe cleaner, the pom poms (to look like ear muffs). Stick on the wiggly eyes, and paint on the face. We tried the school glue for the pipe cleaner and pom poms. It just didn’t hold. When Ms. A fell asleep, I took out the glue gun. Shhhhh our secret. I think I actually had to hot glue the wiggly eyes too.
- Let dry in cup. That little cup came in handy!! Put back in the ornament hanger thingy and hang gently on the tree. Where there should be light.