I have exactly 20 minutes to get my post up! I’m on a time schedule. I’m trying to stay on a planned schedule, but it’s not going so well this week. Everything was planned, the gym, blog posts, the menu. Then the ol’ man’s mom had to have unexpected open heart surgery yesterday. Poor thing ended up with a quadruple bypass. She’s off the ventilator and awake; which is fantastical for just 24 hours after surgery. Ironically, 16 years ago today, my dad died, essentially after the same surgery. It kinda sucked being in the same hospital, the same unit, the same everything. The good thing, if there is a good thing, is that I was able to give the ol’ man some insight as to what will happen. Like when we saw her right after surgery, she had a little bit of color. I thought she looked good! You know, good for someone who just had their chest cracked open. My dad looked gray and dead. The smart ass he is, said “We are Italian, of course she has color!” Point made lol.
Needless to say, I needed easy this week. Nothing easier than the slow cooker, and since I neglected slow cooker Sunday for you, I’m giving it to you now. Easter is coming, and you undoubtedly will have leftover ham. This Pillsbury recipe is perfect! As always, I changed it a little. On the kid scale, 2 out of 3 liked it. I will give you a penny if you can figure out which one didn’t like it!
Cheesy Ham Au Gratin
- 3C Milk
- 1 Can condensed Cheddar cheese soup (10 3/4oz can)
- 2- 5 oz pkgs cheesy scalloped potatoes, with skin on potatoes (I didn’t used the skin on)
- 2 C Cooked diced ham
- 2 Cans Whole kernel corn, with Red and green peppers, drained (I used a frozen bag of corn and peppers)
- 2 C boiling water
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine milk, soup, and contents of seasoning packets from potatoes; blend well. Add potatoes, ham and corn; mix well. Pour mixture into sprayed slow cooker. Pour boiling water over potato mixture; stir to mix.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.