Hurricanes and Gumbo!! It’s Fat Tuesday, baby!! Sadly, I didn’t have a Hurricane, but I sure did have some gumbo! We had a little Mardi Gras party at work. Definitely the highlight of the past few weeks. From the Louisiana Breakfast Hash to the Gumbo it all lived up to it’s name. Except for the salad. There was no fat in the salad. Um, I didn’t have any salad. I must do double time at the gym tomorrow. Especially since I made….wait for it…wait for it..Red Velvet Oreo Balls. It’s a good thing I’m the Wellness Champion for the department. Hey! It’s not my fault they call it “Fat Tuesday”!
Red Velvet Oreo Balls
- 36 Red Velvet Oreos
- 1-8oz pkg Cream cheese, softened
- White Chocolate Chips, melted
- In a food processor, finely crush Oreos, pour into a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese and mix until blended.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Dip into melted chocolate, place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate 1 hour, or until firm.
Warning: These are addicting. I think more addicting than regular Oreo balls. Proceed with caution, or plan on extra time at the gym.
On a completely separate note, we have caught up with Grimm; life as I know it can resume again.