It’s official. The 2014 Halloween season has arrived. I’m fully aware that the candy displays have been up since July, but It’s a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown was on this evening, and that makes everything official. Officially, “one holiday into another until I can’t fit into my winter pants anymore” official. Must. Join. The. Gym. On that note, I have a few little Halloween treats to share over the upcoming weeks! I can’t wait 🙂
Disturbing/heart stopping moment of the week? Over hearing my 9 yo singing, “my anaconda don’t, my anaconda don’t want none unless you got buns hun”. WTF? I’M NOT READY FOR THAT YET. I could only muster a “Autumn Victoria, that song is NOT appropriate for you.” Where did she hear this you ask? The bus. The bus. Are you kidding me? I’m going to start homeschooling. Wait! I can’t home school, for two reasons. One, I’m not ever at home. Two, I can’t play the French horn.
I’m getting straight to the Chicken Alfredo recipe. I’m tired. And I don’t have much to say really. HAHAHAHA!! Ok, I’m just tired. So, I had leftover rotisserie chicken. And I was tight for time. This was perfect. Not the homemade recipe that I like to make, but is a fantastic substitute on busy nights. And again, I can’t express enough, like most of the recipes posted; these can be altered to your taste. If you don’t like white pepper, by all means, don’t add it! Like more cheese? Throw it on in there! It’s not going to hurt! I like peas in there too, but didn’t do it this time. Just a lil something to think about!
Throw Together Chicken Alfredo
- 1lb Pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 jars Alfredo Sauce (I like the garlic and the 4 cheese, but whatever Alfredo floats your boat!)
- 1/4 tsp White pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- Dash Regular black pepper
- Chicken As much or as little as you like
- Sprinkle Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- In a large sauce pan, throw the first 6 ingredients together, and heat through. Make sure to taste along the way to see if you want to add any more pepper, or garlic powder etc. You will know when it’s good when you’re like “damn that’s good”.
- Serve and sprinkle with a “little” Parmesan cheese. Your version of little and mine are probably a little different. We love love love cheese in this house.