My third half marathon is COMPLETE! It was humid, and it poured. Hard. I do not like being soggy!! My time was horrible, but I crossed the finish line. Ibuprofen has been my best friend since Sunday. I hope a majority of you have stock in Pfizer! I’m finally walking without making incredibly embarrassing grunting noises and my feet have stopped burning. I didn’t die and I crossed the finish line. Oh and I raised money for a fantastical Gilda’s Club. Win win for everyone!
French Horn. Three notes. Repeatedly. That’s all of an update I’m leaving for the little one.
Allison. Driver’s permit acquired. OH DEAR.
I leave you with a recipe for lasagna. A recipe even Garfield would love! I saw this floating around Pinterest and Facebook. Speaking of Facebook, A Little of This and That reached 100 likes!! WOO HOO!!! Thank you for liking me. A little. HAHAHAHAHA!! Get it? A little of this..never mind. I see other blogs that have like 35,000 likes, and I’m like YES!!! I’m at 100!!!! Back to the lasagna. I thought why not? I have to carb load for the marathon, I love lasagna, but can’t eat it because I’m allergic to ricotta cheese. This particular recipe uses cottage cheese. O.M.G. So delicious!! The recipe below was how I found it. I took a few liberties, just because of preference. I added more mozzarella cheese than what is called for and used slightly more beef. But if you have your Grammy’s super secret sauce recipe and love sauce..use more! More is More! Wait!! Less is more..so forget that. Use more anyway!! It’s all about you like baby! This recipe is perfect for the weekend when you have tons to do, and want a great meal without a lot of prep. Enjoy enjoy!!
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 1.5 C Cottage Cheese
- 1.5 C Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Lasagna Noodles
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Spoon 1 Cup spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 4-quart crock*pot. Mix remaining sauce with beef.
- Place 2 uncooked lasagna noodles on sauce in crock*pot.
- Spread 1/3 meat mixture on top of noodles.
- Spread 3/4 C cottage cheese over meat.
- Sprinkle 1/2 C mozzarella cheese over cottage cheese.
- Layer noodles, 1/3 meat mixture, remaining cottage cheese and 1/2 C mozzarella cheese.
- Layer noodles, rest of meat mixture, and mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top
- Cook on low for 4 hours.