We made it through half the week! With just marathon training and no soccer (until U10 tryouts this weekend), it seems like there’s been nothing to do. Which of course, I have TONS to do. As you are aware, I’m completely tech challenged. But! I finally set up a Pinterest page for this blog ( www.pinterest.com/alittleofthis14 , feel free to follow!!). And I’m still trying to figure out my Facebook fan page (A Little of This and That also feel free to follow!!) I can’t even figure Twitter out. That’s just a project for another weekend, along with Spotify. It’s too much! Link to this, like that, sign up for this. Oh I will figure it alllll out! Ok. I’m done whining. For now.
I know I promised cocktails for this post. And I did make, and shake and take some pictures! I’m too friggin lazy this evening to edit them. Not lazy, as I sit here and blog. I’m too tired. Hey! This is a judgement free zone! See last sentence of above paragraph.
But I’m not going to leave you empty handed either. Now I don’t know how the weather is where you are, but it’s been a little chilly here in upstate NY. One of my favorite late summer/early fall recipes is pulled pork. I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it’s always delicious and easy, easy easy. Place in slow cooker and off you go!
Easy Pulled Pork
- 5lbs Pork butt roast
- 2 Cans Beef broth (14oz cans)
- 1/2C Brewed coffee
- Dash Salt
- Dash Pepper
- Cut roast in half. Rub each half with salt and pepper; place in slow cooker.
- Pour broth and coffee over the meat. Turn the slow cooker to low, and cover.
- Cook for 6-8 hours, or until fork tender.
- Carefully remove from the slow cooker onto a cutting board.
- Shred that baby up! (I usually use 2 forks and shred)
- Mix up the itty bitty strands o’pork with your favorite BBQ sauce, and heat through. I usually just do it up quick on the stove.
- I love this on Kaiser rolls, but any sort of buns will do!
Cocktails! Cocktails! Cocktails! Getting ready for U10 cut throat kickball..ahem I mean soccer tryouts, I’m going to need them!