But the delete button is my friend!-Day #3

Anyone else a Type A?  I plan, I think, and I’m extremely fond of the backspace button!  So this assignment is going to be harder than it looks. I will not delete, but if I don’t backspace, none of you will understand anything I’m saying. Today’s Writing 101 assignment is to write about 3 of my favorite songs and what they mean to me, all without editing. Which, if I were editing, that sentence would have been my starting one.

I’ve already stopped twice to reread what I’ve written.  Must focus!

My most favorite song ever  is Ordinary World by Duran Duran.  I just love it. It came out in 93, and I was in a transition year in college.  I was 20 and nothing was making sense. The words “trying to make my way through an ordinary world” really hit home and for some reason just gave me a sense that everything was going to be ok. Duran Duran is my all time favorite!

Song number two has to be Silly Love Songs by Paul McCartney & Wings. I could listen to that song a billion times, and perhaps I have already, and never get sick of it. When it’s on, I just jam to it. Every. Single. Time. Even though I was only 3 when it came out, it really has a timeless message. Let’s face it, I’ve had to learn the hard way that love doesn’t come in a minute.

Lastly, it has to be Maroon 5’s Won’t Go Home Without You.  I was status post divorce, and even if it’s a shitty marriage, divorce is divorce. You are alone.  Dating after divorce is hard enough, throw in late 30’s, and top it off with single mom status, and it’s a friggin’ disaster. Won’t Go Home Without You is a “good cry” sort of song.  I’m pretty sure I did, numerous times actually. The most important part of this song?  I sound really good singing it in the car!

So there you have it!  My top 3 songs that have meaning to me.  I could list a few more, but I don’t think you really want the details of why I like Jason Derulo’s “Talk Dirty”.

8 thoughts on “But the delete button is my friend!-Day #3

1. Nicky June 5, 2014 / 2:07 am

I had a hard time with it too. Just three songs? I just couldn’t do it. Nice job

• autumnsmom14 June 6, 2014 / 12:52 am

Thank you! I’m an old woman, and I had to choose just 3 songs?

2. Jessica Lee June 5, 2014 / 2:15 am

We may have been sisters in a past life or something crazy like that. Love the blog – I related to every bit of it and laughed my way through from start to finish. Kids, crafting, cooking, blogging… sounds a lot like my life. Look forward to reading more! And congrats on making it through day 3! 🙂

3. Kat June 5, 2014 / 4:29 am

I struggled through this one- stopping and starting because I didn’t want to use the backspace key. Great job!

• autumnsmom14 June 6, 2014 / 12:49 am

Thank you! It really was a difficult one. I’m about to find out what #4 holds for today!

4. EmmaK June 5, 2014 / 6:53 am

I think you’ve written really well so maybe don’t need the backspace as much as you think. Love the choices and the reasons.

• autumnsmom14 June 6, 2014 / 12:48 am

Thank you 🙂 I think I hit it subconsciously. Often.