Where did it go? It seems like yesterday was Friday. Seriously, I need more time off of work. Unlike the shenanigans of last weekend, this one was relatively uneventful. What happened last weekend you ask? Good times with some great family. Oh and a speeding ticket. And not for me :). NOT MY FAULT!! Well, sort of my fault. When the ol’ man rolled the the window, and the first thing the trooper asks “Who has been drinking?”….you know it was a good time! FOR THE RECORD: THE DRIVER OF THE VEHICLE HAD NOT BEEN DRINKING!! Not my fault he was speeding.
This weekend: Spiderman and soccer. See? Back to normal. Eh, it’s ok. Sometimes normal and boring are good. And goodness knows it’s safe!
Tonight I’ve got no sass. Not a drop. What’s wrong with me? Ok, so that’s a loaded question, but I’m just not feelin’ it tonight. So, I’m going right to the recipe I used for tonight’s dinner. It’s so good. And the monsters like it, even though it has vegetables in it. HEAVEN FORBID THEY EAT A VEGETABLE!!
Lemon Chicken & Bow Tie Pasta
- 6oz Bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 3Tbsp Butter, divided
- 2 Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4oz Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 med Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C Red or yellow bell pepper ( I use both)
- 2 Tbsp Dry white wine or water (I’ve never used the wine, see above comment about monsters)
- 3/4C Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Juice and grated rind of 1 small lemon
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and mushrooms; cook until light golden brown. Add zucchini and peppers; continue cooking until vegetables are tender. Add wine (or water) and lemon juice; simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon rind, basil and remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Toss with hot pasta and 1/2 cup cheese. Place on serving platter; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
I’ll bring more sass to the next post 🙂