Bright and early at 6:30am, the 9yr barges in my room looking to open her Easter Bag. With one eye open, I’m pretty sure I grunted a “get your ass back in bed..” Good thing I set my alarm for 9am. Knowing that I will never get the moment back if I stayed sleeping while she opened the goods, I stumbled out of bed. Yes, I do bags! I hate storing the baskets. I don’t know why that is actually. Hmmm. Anyway, The Sponge Bob chocolates were a hit, as was the soccer ball. She loved, loved, loved, the Minion eggs I made! (which I’m fully aware was in a post I posted yesterday, but they are darn cute!)
The older two could have cared less about the Easter bags. They wanted to get to the brunch, and be done with the day. Mission accomplished. Brunch was exceptional. We had a great day with our families. Rob’s mom made a great dinner. It was so nice to visit with everyone. And now no one will be eating until Tuesday. Or an hour ago, when I had popcorn. Carry on!
Monday. Just a few short hours away. See previous posts regarding not enough hours in a day! Today, my time complaint? Not enough days in a weekend. Well, I guess it’s got to be Monday at some point, right? Tuesday would end up being just as dreaded. We can’t have that. We have to keep with the status quo. End rant.
Three kids. Four kids to feed. This recipe takes a little longer if you do it all at once. But if you brown up the meat (hamburger or turkey) ahead of time, it goes much quicker. And this one, I made up myself!! I’m a keeper I know! 😉
- 1lb Hamburger, lean, browned and drained
- 2C Shredded cheese (whatever your little heart desires! cheddar, Swiss, parmesan)
- 1 pkg Wonton wrappers
- Spices to your liking, I added onion and garlic powder.
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with a little cooking spray.
- Lay out 1 wrapper at a time, in a diamond shape. Sprinkle cheese across the middle. Layer the meat on top of the cheese.
- Dab your finger with a little water and outline the edges of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold over and press together to make a triangle.
- Place on prepped cookie sheet. When sheet is full, spray just a little cooking spray over top.
- Bake until golden brown.
I hope everyone had a fantastical Easter!