As I’m walking out of the grocery store on Sunday with my 9 year old daughter, with the most serious face, she turns to me and asks, “So how long do you think Miley Cyrus has been preggers?”
Me: Blank stare.
Me: Continued stare, now holding up people behind us. Because I also saw the magazines at the check out.
Me: “Who taught you how to read?”
Autumn: “Ugh Moooooooooom!”
Preggers? And so it begins….
On to things I can control, like delicious iced coffee! Without coffee, life would be unbearable. Ok, well at least mornings would be, and work DEFINITELY would be. Believe me I’ve considered buying stock in Dunkin’. A medium Iced Coffee with caramel swirl and cream, with an extra shot of caramel swirl comes to exactly $2.47. My New Year’s resolution was to stop in only once a month. But lets face it, sometimes you just NEED iced coffee more than that. Not that my waist line or my bank account can afford it. So it became my mission to find a perfect iced coffee recipe. I’m proud to say, mission accomplished. Thank you Ree Drummond! I love her!
Perfect Iced Coffee
- 1lb Ground Coffee (good, rich roast)
- 8 Quarts Cold Water
- Half and Half
- 2-3 Tbsp Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Good Stuff to your liking: Milk, sugar, artificial sweeteners, syrups, flavored creamer
- In a large container, mix ground coffee with water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature 8 hours or overnight.
- Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher or other container. Pour coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all liquid to run through. Discard grounds. (This is what I find messy. I dump the grounds in to old news paper and then discard)
- Place coffee liquid in the fridge, and allow to cool. Use as needed. Like daily.
- Pack a glass full of ice cubes. Fill glass 2/3 full with coffee liquid. Add your fixin’s (creamer, milk, half and half, sugar, syrup etc) Stir and enjoy!
- It will give Dunkin’ a run for it’s money! Get it? America runs on Dun…oh never mind. It wasn’t that funny. 🙂